Monday, March 25, 2013

Box of Chocolates

November to March is quite a gap in time.... I do apologize for the partial coma my blog went into, but just like the little daffodils springing up from the ground so is this little blogger.

Life has been crazy these past couple of months... so many new chapters have been started in our lives. I never considered  how in life you  start more than one chapter at a time but is your life just one book or a series of books? (#brainteaser) Currently it feels as though these past several months are a library in and of themselves! We have relocated to the country.. traded in neighbors for cows, heels for galoshes, and air conditioning for screen doors (relax this girl has enough city in her still to require heating and air). This is the "home sweet home book", the newest addition to this little piece of heaven is the ever growing conflict of woman vs. ant. Currently the ants have it, but the greater the struggle the greater the victory right?!? (insert an Amen!) The heroine of our story has already defeated the "Overflowing Toilet" tragedy of '13, with the praise and love of her person she will be victorious yet again. (Huzzah)

In the family book, affectionately titled "The Little Woman... and their Peoples", a chapter is in the making, The Tie that Binds. Our little Hannah Jane is the heroine of this story, she battled a scary monster which we refer to as The One that Shall not be Named! This scary monster put up quite a fight so far but our little stinker pot has come out victorious day by day! Her journey is much more eloquently expressed by the woman who birthed me, Janet Coates.
This chapter is one that hasn't quite ended yet, but the happily ever after is well on it's way thanks to all the amazing support of family, friends, and friends of family and friends. Its truly been a humbling experience to see all the love and support of my sweet sister and brother as they uphold their little fighter... have you ever considered the parents of heroes? (#thoughtloop)

My fairy tale is still quite blissful. Prince charming is still sweeping me off my feet every day (sometimes more literal than others.... I hate mopping the floor!). Every day I am more and more convinced that there is no other human on the face of this planet that could love, provide for, clean up after, take care of, and enjoy my hott mess like he does! It's the little things really like coming home and all the laundry magically is folded or getting in my car to find new wiper blades  have been affectionately added to the jelly bean to make my drives in the rain so much more enjoyable (and visually accurate)! As BK emphatically reminds me, "It's all in the way you choose to see things." Hence why I'm naming the next chapter (or book if it's too big) The Silver Lining. 

Sometimes when you think life can't get any better.... it does.
 And that's all I have to say about that.




*Disclaimer: I do not endorse Glee but this music mash up is magical! I would have done the original with Judy and Barbara but couldn't find a video with sound quality worthy of tantalizing your ears! 

No comments:

Post a Comment